3-hour CE class for REALTORS, Financial Advisor, Certified Financial Planners and CPAs.
In this course, we share real-life examples of how you can help your clients evaluate their real estate options in a way that’s fully compliant with federal tax laws and regulations. During this 3-hour workshop we'll discuss:
- How the mortgage interest deduction works on primary homes and vacation homes, and how this impacts the client’s mortgage and real estate strategy
- How recent changes to the standard deduction and SALT deductions impact first-time homebuyers and move-up homebuyers
- How to make better use of the primary residence exclusion to the capital gains tax
- How the 3.8% investment tax works, who needs to pay it and when it needs to be paid
- How the capital gains tax works when people convert their primary home into a rental property and vice versa
- How rental income, depreciation, capital gains, and capital losses are taxed on investment properties
- How the gift tax works, who needs to pay it and when it needs to be paid
- How to make better use of the annual and lifetime exclusions to the gift tax when clients use gift money for a down payment
- How tax basis works and why it matters
You'll walk away with a much better understanding of how mortgage and real estate taxation impacts you and your clients.
If you have attended this workshop you can find the materials discussed during the class at the following link.